Photography from my adventures.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Nepal Expedition (Jan 2006) - Page 3

I haven't uploaded in a while. Here are some new photos from my Nepal collection.

Hindu dervishes pose for the camera.

These are the kids from the school where we spent 3 days repairing the neglected buildings. They were fascinated with us and our cameras. After I took this photo they grabbed the camera to see the image. The famous buddhist stupa in Kathmandu.

A house with a view in the Annapurna region. Everything they used to build the houses had to be carried up narrow paths on the backs of porters.
This photo was taked through the cockpit as we approached Lukla airport. The plane took a steep dive directly into the steep mountain. The landing strip was on the side of the mountain with a rock wall at the end. It was the most interesting landing that I have done.

A lot of rubbish was burnt in the streets. As I walked through Namche Bazaar I noticed the sun shining through the smoke and took this picture.

Ama Dablam dominated the landscape for days as we trekked along the Everest trail. Some of our Nepali porters had climbed the mountain the year before. They climbed alone before the main expedition to set up the climbing equipment. A huge effort.

Sunrise over Kathmandu.

This photo was taken out of my lodge window in Namche Bazaar just after dawn. Smoke from fires on the mountain peaks cause the red haze in the valley.

While in Kathmandu we took a trip to Bhaktapur. We visited a school where we could watch the students paint hugely complex paintings. At times they use a one hair brush and the paintings can take months to finish. Shortly after I took this photo another person in the room accidently kicked the stand the painting was on causing the brush to slip...oops!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mate, i see you have added some more pics to your blog. I think i might have to set one up myself, but i have so much to do that its difficult to get the time!! I have all my photos from home now, so im slowly sorting through those at the moment....

hope your well,

Later

4:11 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home